Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Changing Your Password

Dear Dingbat,

Do I need to take the time to write you step by step instructions on how to change your network password?

This is what you did to annoy me Monday morning.
I see you come in and sit at your computer, so I know we've been off for a few days so it might take you a few minutes to remember exactly how to operate the computer.
I'm working on getting caught up on my emails and I here "da-ding" you know that error notification sound one gets when they make an ERROR on their computer?
Reluctantly I glance over and see that you haven't yet logged in and it appears as though you are trying to change your password.
I say nothing.
I here, da-ding, da-ding, da-ding. I don't know 6, 7 times maybe?
You're obviously frustrated and you get up and go get coffee, we continue to not speak to each other.
So you come back with a fresh cup of coffee and work on it again. da-ding, da-ding, da-ding.
SERIOUSLY?!
Finally, I speak. "What are you doing?"
You say "I keep trying to change my password and its not letting me in"
Me: "Well you can't use the same password, try putting an number or something"
You: "Oh"
da-ding, da-ding, da-ding
Next thing I know you are calling IS. I'm embarrassed to be sharing an office with you.
I hear only one side of the conversation and you say "oooh ok, that worked"
wtf.

No comments:

Post a Comment